We are looking for two permanent full time Mechanical Maintenance Technician's, to join our team at Operational Estates, Bensham Street. This job overview provides a summary of our Maintenance Technician Job Descriptions across all trades and the jobs we are recruiting. If you apply and are shortlisted to come for an interview, we will send you the full job description for your trade/trades.
You will work on a mobile basis by area/region to:
* Deliver building services maintenance and repairs within your trade/s
* Ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors
* Provide a customer focused, cost effective and efficient facilities support service to the NHS.
Salary and benefits
* £26,790 - £37,418 dependent on skills, experience and location
* On call payment of up to £2,540 per annum added to your salary dependent on rota
* Overtime after 37.5 hours
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance
programme in addition to many other benefits
* You will be provided with a lease van.
Where would you work?
Your base will be Operational Estates, Bensham Street, Boldon NE35 9LN. You will work across a number of sites so you will need to travel, be flexible as you will support a wide geographic area. On our website there is a property locator so you can type in the area you are applying for and see the location of the properties that you may be supporting: https://www.property.nhs.uk/property-search/
What hours would you work?
You will work 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am-4.00pm, with occasional emergency call out duties.
What would you do?
You will be supporting excellent facilities management and ultimately patient care in the NHS.
* You will ensure compliance with all processes, procedures and policies including, but not limited to our Health & Safety Policy/HTMs (Health Technical Memoranda) and SFG20
* You will also ensure new or revised policies are implemented and be a self-developer
* You will deliver planned and reactive maintenance services within your trade maintaining services and equipment within critical environments
* You will assess problems to determine the best course of action across a range of complex technical issues and undertake new installations from design to completion
* You will work with and support the projects and identify, scope and deliver minor capital works and complex activities in an ever changing and challenging work environment
* You will work with and lead others; colleagues, contractors and communicate technical and or complex information to various non technical stakeholders
* You will deliver excellent customer service at all times and this may include emergency call outs
* Combustion technicians will test and inspection of combustion heating services, fault finding,
minor repairs or installations
* Mechanical technicians will be able to maintain building systems including; heating, ventilation, and
air conditioning within public buildings
* If you are qualified and experienced across trades, you will support a range of duties.
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience within the NHS, although this is desirable. You will however
need to have at least three years' experience in your trade and a range of transferable skills to be
successful in this job, for example:
* You will hold an NVQ Level 3 and/or higher BTEC/City & Guilds or equivalent or have completed a
formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent accreditation/s
* You will have a working knowledge of MEBF repairs and maintenance, Health and Safety, COSHH, environment standards, manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, legionella and asbestos awareness
* You will have experience working in a buildings maintenance role and will be able to work from drawings and written specifications
* You will have strong communication skills, be numerate, literate and able to work effectively with various IT systems
* If you are a Combustion Technician, you will be registered Gas Safe Engineer with ACS qualifications in Domestic and Commercial Gas Installations and hold experience of maintaining building gas systems including heating, hot water, commercial and domestic services within public buildings.
What are we looking for?
* You will have a can-do attitude, be able to work things out - turning problems into solutions
* You will be open minded, test and pilot projects and drive forward ideas and business goals
* You will work with and through your team to take responsibility for delivery, failures and successes to get the best results.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* You must have a Full UK Driving Licence as you will need to travel between sites.
Posted 1 week ago
£26790.00 - £37418.00 per annum