We are looking for a permanent full time Maintenance Assistant, to join our team at Bensham Street, Boldon. You will lead many aspects of day to day facilities services to drive quality and performance standards to ensure we provide a customer focused, cost effective and efficient facilities support service to the NHS.
Salary and benefits
* £17,253 - £23,342 dependent on skills, experience and location
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
Your base will be Unit A-B. Bensham Street, Boldon NE35 9LN, however most of our Maintenance Assistants work across a number of sites you would need to travel and be flexible as you could support a wide geographic area of sites.
What hours would you work?
You will be working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am-4.00pm. You may be required to occasionally do on call.
What would you do?
You will be supporting excellent facilities management and ultimately patient care. Some of the key roles and responsibilities include:
* You will deliver routine planned building services maintenance and repairs to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for all
* You will be responsible for a wide range of basic maintenance tasks including building fabric, general monthly PPM tasks, plumbing, drainage, joinery, and general decoration repairs.
* You will update and maintain records and log books and undertake risk assessments.
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience within the NHS however you will need some experience and have some transferable skills to be successful in this job for example:
* You will have experience in the building trade or building maintenance/ caretaker role with maintenance, repairs and minor installation projects
* You will have basic building skills in plastering/ painting/decorating and/or plumbing
* You will have knowledge of Health & Safety and ideally COSHH and environment standards.
What are we looking for?
* You will have a can-do attitude, be able to work things out - turning problems into solutions
* You will work with and through your team to take responsibility for delivery, failures and successes to get the best results
What do you need to think about before applying?
* You must have a Full UK Driving Licence as you will need to travel between sites
Posted 1 week ago
£17250.00 - £23340.00 per annum